Stevie Van Housen, LMSW
"Life have you a little unbalanced? This is where you change your story. I will walk with you as you set goals and get back in control of your life. Together we’ll find the tools and supports you need to be successful. Most of us find it difficult to change and with me by your side, you’ll discover ways to decrease angst while increasing your satisfaction with the life you live."
Days, evenings and weekend appointments available.
Specializing in children, adolescent and adult behavior change, Stevie Van Housen believes you can heal and find freedom from debilitating symptoms and behavior, and that you can learn the skills necessary to build and re-build fulfilling relationships. Stevie comes to Alli Center with over 20 years experience in counseling.
License, Education and Memberships
- Licensed Master Social Worker, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- Master of Social Work from The University of Iowa
- Master of Arts in Counseling from The University of Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Mount Mercy University
Stevie volunteers in the community on issues related to homelessness and teaches children/youth fiber arts. She currently serves on the Free Lunch Program Board of Directors, the Johnson County Juvenile Justice Youth Development Policy Board, and served on the ICCSD Equity Advisory Committee for 10 years. In her free time, Stevie can be found with her dye pot and wool for spinning with her spinning wheel, and weaving on several of her floor and tapestry looms.
- UI Choice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Medica Insure, Midlands Choice, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare, Veterans Affairs Community Care Network (VA CCN)
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa and Iowa Total Care