Janiece Piltingsrud, LISW
"Good mental health and good physical health go hand in hand for enjoying life's journey. I have provided psychotherapy services for over 15 years, assisting clients with increasing good mental health. Using an eclectic mix of techniques and theories, I can meet the client where s/he is today and assist in their moving toward a more fulfilling and satisfying life. Adults ages 19 - 90 come to work on symptoms of depression, anxiety, bi-polar, trauma, or grief and loss. Sometimes help is needed with relationship issues, stage of life issues, or coping with life in general.
I especially enjoy guiding the client to increase communication skills, better manage emotional and thinking processes, become more self-sufficient, learn self-nurturing, to have a positive relationship with oneself -- and thus with others. I provide sensitive, compassionate support and direction, bringing more light and balance into one's life."
License, Education and Training
- Licensed Independent Social Worker, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- Master of Social Work from The University of Iowa
- Master of Arts in Vedic Science from Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield, Iowa
- Bachelor's degree from Luther College, Decorah, Iowa
- UI Choice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medica Insure, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Medicare, Midlands Choice, TRICARE
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa and United Healthcare Community Plan