Alex McNamee, LMHC, CADC
"Welcome! Thanks for visiting my page. Whether you're here because you're experiencing something really hard, or you just need to talk, I'm here to listen and walk alongside you as you process this season of life. You are the expert of your life, and I'm an expert in listening and helping people process their emotions. It's my goal to help each individual become the best version of themselves, however that may look for you. Together, we'll explore your goals for therapy and work towards getting you on a path of achieving them.
I enjoy working with a wide variety of individuals and concerns, though I specialize in working with adults. I also have experience working with individuals struggling with addiction and related issues, including anxiety and depression.
License, Education and Memberships
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- Iowa Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC), certified to practice in the state of Iowa
- Master of Arts in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling from The University of Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology from The University of Northern Iowa
- Iowa Mental Health Counselors Association Member
- UIChoice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medica Insure, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Midlands Choice, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare, Veterans Affairs Community Care Network (VA CCN)
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa and Iowa Total Care