Miranda Maday, LISW
"Life is like a giant puzzle and sometimes you may need help putting the pieces together. As a therapist, I take on a nonjudgmental role to help you look at how those pieces fit and find new ways to approach problems and issues in your life.
My areas of practice span anxiety, depression, stress reduction, ADHD, behavioral challenges, grief and loss, issues surrounding adoption, LGBTQ issues, autism, co-occurring diagnosis of intellectual disability and mental health disorders, etc. My therapeutic approaches include cognitive behavioral therapy, solutions focused therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, mindfulness, interpersonal therapy, family systems therapy, play and art therapies. I works with adults, teens, adolescents, children as young as six, and families."
License, Education and Training
- Licensed Independent Social Worker, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- Master of Social Work from The University of Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Education from The University of Northern Iowa
- Certificate in adoption competent mental health services
- Attended multiple trainings on trauma informed care
Miranda's personal interests include volunteering in the community, advocacy work, cooking, reading, travel, hiking, camping, and attending concerts.
- UIChoice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medica Insure, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Medicare, Midlands Choice, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa, Iowa Total Care, and United Healthcare Community Plan