Lance Lashley, LMSW
"Life can be really hard. Sometimes when you least expect it, your mind becomes overwhelmed by the complexity of this world. Maybe you can’t stop thinking about that argument you had with your friend. Maybe health issues and the financial burden of credit card debt are bearing down on you like a ton of bricks. You try to stay balanced, but your emotions are like a roller coaster and the stress plays like a record in your mind, even when you try to stop it. You’re beginning to feel totally hopeless and depressed and you’re not really sure if anyone actually cares.
It's true that a certain amount of stress is a normal part of the human experience, but you deserve to experience moments of joy, peace of mind, and clarity. The good news is that therapy can help you cultivate these experiences in your life. Sometimes the hardest part is taking the first step and reaching out to a counselor for help. Although that step can be difficult, the benefits can be life changing. You’re the only one who can take that first step.
My role as a therapist is to provide a safe and supportive environment where you feel validated, assisted, and encouraged to follow your dreams even if you don’t know how. I am a compassionate guide who will listen to your story and help you uncover your own unique solutions to life’s many challenges."
Licensure, Education, and Training
- Licensed Master Social Worker, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- Master of Social Work from The University of Iowa
- Bachelor of Science in Physiology and Health from Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield, Iowa
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) Certified
In his spare time Lance enjoys exercising, being in nature, drinking coffee, and participating in the performance arts.
- UIChoice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Medica Insure, Midlands Choice, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare, Veterans Affairs Community Care Network (VA CCN)
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa and Iowa Total Care