Lance Lashley, LMSW
"Whether you’ve been struggling with long term depression and anxiety or can’t seem to regulate your emotional response to a needy partner or demanding boss, I will join with you in therapy to facilitate a caring and compassionate environment where you feel heard and validated."
With an approach rooted in collaboration and research-based treatment planning, Lance believes that his role is to guide each client or family down the path of discovery to uncover their own inherent strengths and values. Lance provides knowledge to clients, but will never take on the role of “expert” or make you feel like you’re being pathologized by a diagnosis. Understanding that each client and family know themselves better than he ever could, Lance will act as a guide to help you come up with your own solutions through a process of self inquiry, reflection, and goal setting. He believes in your inherent value and worth, and recognizes the importance of human relationships.
Lance strives to meet a diverse range of clients wherever they are at, and believes in personalizing a specific therapeutic approach to meet the needs of the individual or family. Lance currently sees individual clients dealing with depression, anxiety, panic attacks, bipolar and other mood disorders, emotional intensity disorder, and substance use disorder. He also sees families and children as young as eight years old.
Licensure, Education, and Training
- Licensed Master Social Worker, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- Master of Social Work from The University of Iowa
- Bachelor of Science in Physiology and Health from Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield, Iowa
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) Certified
In his spare time Lance enjoys exercising, being in nature, drinking coffee, and participating in the performance arts.
- UIChoice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Medica Insure, Midlands Choice, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa and Iowa Total Care