Lori Holman, LMHC, NCC
"Sometimes life just knocks you over. You play a simple event over and over in your head until you're sobbing and feeling more alone than ever before. You feel broken down from the painful memories that haunt you and the flashbacks that have you frozen in time, not knowing why you can't move on. You struggle to find the motivation to get out of bed. You keep it all to yourself because no one cares/no one wants to listen to this stuff/other people have it worse/everyone has their own crap. Please know you aren't alone in this. You aren't 'defective', you aren't 'crazy', you aren't 'broken'... you're alive. And life is hard.
It can get better, and therapy really can make a difference. Formal training in ART (accelerated reprocessing therapy) and EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) allow me to support you in healing traumatic wounds and reclaiming your whole self. Together we can create a pathway to a life you no longer want to hide from.
My purpose as a therapist is to provide a safe space, without judgment, where you feel secure in working through the things that keep your mind racing and your heart hurting. Traumatic memories can make the process of exploration and healing sound scary, but you don't have to do this alone. Let's talk."
License & Education
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling from Capella University
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Kaplan University
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) Accreditation
- Trained in EMDR by EMDRIA (EMDR International Association)
- IMHCA (Iowa Mental Health Counselors Association) Member
- AMHCA (American Mental Health Counselors Association) Member
- EMDRIA (EMDR International Association) Member
- IS-ART (International Society of Accelerated Reprocessing Therapy) Member
- UIChoice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medica Insure, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Midlands Choice, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare, Veterans Affairs Community Care Network (VA CCN)
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa and Iowa Total Care