Lori Holman, LMHC, NCC
"Sometimes life just knocks you over. You play a simple event over and over in your head until you're sobbing and feeling more alone than ever before. You pick at the hurt in your heart like a sore spot in your mouth until all you feel is pain. It's just too much to be around everyone else, where you have to paint a smile and pretend everything's okay. You keep it all to yourself because no one cares/no one wants to listen to this stuff/everyone has their own crap.
It doesn't have to be this way; therapy really can make a difference. Change can be scary OR change can be the best thing that's happened for you in awhile. The truly scary thing is that if nothing changes, nothing's gonna change. You have a choice.
My purpose as a therapist is to provide you with a safe space, without judgment, for you to process the things that keep you awake when you should be sleeping, crying when you should be living. I am a listener, a guide, and I'll be with you throughout."
License, Education and Memberships
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- Trained in EMDR by EMDRIA (EMDR International Association)
- Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling from Capella University
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Kaplan University
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) Accreditation
- IMHCA (Iowa Mental Health Counselors Association) Member
- AMHCA (American Mental Health Counselors Association) Member
- UIChoice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medica Insure, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Midlands Choice, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare, Veterans Affairs Community Care Network (VA CCN)
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa and Iowa Total Care