Kristyn Gerst, LMHC, IADC
"As a therapist, I believe that people have the strengths and potential within themselves to make changes but sometimes circumstances get in the way of discovering and utilizing those strengths. My role is to act as a guide through the process of uncovering your strengths and achieving your goals. I believe that each individual is unique and I tailor my approach to those needs. My goal is to provide a safe, non-judgmental environment for you to discuss your concerns when you feel ready to do so.
My areas of practice include addiction, grief and loss, depression, anxiety, emotional regulation, stress management, relationship concerns and life transitions. My therapeutic approaches include cognitive behavioral therapy, narrative, solution-focused, psychodynamic and mindfulness based approaches."
Kristyn's personal interests include running, yoga, reading, traveling and playing video and board games.
License, Education and Memberships
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- International Alcohol and Drug Counselor (IADC), certified to practice in the state of Iowa
- Master of Arts in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling from The University of Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from The University of Iowa
- UIChoice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medica Insure, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Midlands Choice, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa and Iowa Total Care