Trisha Maulson Dean, LMFT
"I most recently spent over 4 years providing family and individual crisis counseling to youth in a shelter setting. I have experience working with youth in an inpatient treatment center as well. Additionally, I have worked with adults in group and individual settings. I am here to provide a safe place to work with you on your individual needs and take an objective perspective.
We each take a unique path through life. For this reason, I believe in using a strengths based, collaborative and individualized approach. As a therapist, I'm here to help you uncover the solutions you already have. I use a variety of approaches including narrative, mindfulness, cognitive behavior therapy, solution focused, and trauma informed approaches.
I have worked with concerns related to anxiety, depression, ADHD, ODD, conduct disorder, reactive attachment disorder, bipolar disorder, adjustment disorder, autism spectrum disorder, intellectual disorders, and behavioral concerns. I am currently accepting new clients for immediate openings, including afternoon and evening appointments."
License, Education and Training
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Loras College, in Dubuque, Iowa
- AAMFT (American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy) Member
- UI Choice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Medica Insure, Midlands Choice, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa and United Healthcare Community Plan