Trisha Maulson Dean, LMFT
Trisha Maulson Dean specializes in play therapy, which enables her to work with children and families to communicate feelings and resolve conflict. She works with children, adolescents and adults, in individual, couples, or group settings. She provides a safe place to work with you on your individual needs and take an objective perspective.
"We each take a unique path through life. For this reason, I believe in using a strengths based, collaborative and individualized approach. As a therapist, I'm here to help you uncover the solutions you already have. I use a variety of approaches including narrative, mindfulness, cognitive behavior therapy, play therapy, solution focused, and trauma informed approaches.
I have worked with concerns related to anxiety, depression, ADHD, ODD, conduct disorder, reactive attachment disorder, bipolar disorder, adjustment disorder, autism spectrum disorder, intellectual disorders, and behavioral concerns."
Education and Training
- Play therapist, trained under Terry Kottman, PhD
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, licensed to practice in the state of Iowa
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Loras College, in Dubuque, Iowa
- AAMFT (American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy) Member
- UIChoice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP), HealthPartners, Health Smart, Humana/Choice Care, Medical Associates Health Plan (MAHP), Medica Insure, Midlands Choice, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare, Veterans Affairs Community Care Network (VA CCN)
- Medicaid: Amerigroup Iowa and Iowa Total Care